Hello everybody! It’s time for this month’s goals. I introduced this series to my blog a month ago, and I am absolutely loving it. Let’s see what I have planned for October!
- Parasail: Last month’s bucket list goal was skydiving, so I’ve decided to take to the skies again this month! I’ve found a 5 star parasailing company near where I live, and they’ll take you out over the Atlantic Ocean. Some reviewers have said that they saw sea turtles, sting rays, and dolphins on their flight! I’ve decided to do the 1000 ft flight. Go big or go home, right?
- Learn German: Okay, I know I need to be realistic here. There is no way that I will be able to become fluent in German in just one month. But, it takes 21 days to form a habit. If I practice for a month straight, then I will continue to practice after October. I would love to live in Germany one day, so learning German is actually a very practical thing to do. I’ve tried after my last trip to Germany; I studied hours a day for 10 days… and then stopped. This time, I want to learn a little bit a day, but continue for years.
Take an Art Lesson: The Hobby Lobby across the street from me has started hosting art lessons, and I was so excited! Well, until I realized that my “artistic ability” consists of drawing stick figures and doodling hearts. But, the whole point of my monthly goals list is to push me out of my comfort zone, right? This month, I would like to sign up for a 2 hour art lesson. I don’t think I can afford to attend weekly lessons, but twice a month might be nice.
Goodreads: My goal this month is to read three books from my Goodreads list. I created a Goodreads account months ago, and sometimes put in what books I have been reading. However, I haven’t picked out any books from my “Want to Read” list this whole time! I still plan on spending loads of time at the library searching for awesome books that I’ve never heard of before, but it will be nice to actually read books that I’ve had on my list for months. The books I’ve chosen to read are:
- The Geek Feminist Revolution by Kameron Hurley
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
Interview a Solo Traveller: Remember my Iceland Update post? In that post, I told you guys that I want to create a series about solo travel. So far, I have done 6 Amazing Destinations for Solo Travellers. Next, I would like to interview somebody who frequently travel solo, and compile a list of tips and tricks. Pssst… If you solo travel and are reading this, shoot me an email! email@example.com
Penpal: This month, I would love to find a penpal. I’ve been tossing it around in my head for a couple months now, and I know there are several programs I could sign up for. Most penpal programs nowadays rely on online messaging; however, I would love a good old-fashioned paper&pencil penpal.
Make a Difference
Pura Vida Bracelets: Pura Vida is a company that sells bracelets, bikinis, and accessories. There is something truly amazing about this company though… When you are on their site, you can check out a section called “Charity”. They sell hundreds of bracelets, each named after the cause they support. You could buy an Anxiety Disorder Awareness bracelet, or an Anti-Domestic Violence bracelet, if you so choose. Pura Vida is partnered with over 190 different charities, and has donated nearly 1 million dollars in the last 5 years! The bracelets are also handmade in Costa Rica, and provide over 100 people with full-time jobs. Most of the bracelets are only $5, so I would like to buy several that align with causes that I support. I am also hoping that I will find new causes by perusing their page.
I am so excited about this month’s list! It is definitely more challenging than September’s goals, but I know I can do it. A big thank you to all of you for keeping me accountable. 🙂